Dr. G. Brock Magruder, Jr., or Doc Brock as he is known by his friends and patients, has been an integral part of Orlando area his entire life. After attending Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park, Florida, Doc Brock graduated from Emory College, earning a bachelor’s degree in chemistry followed by his medical degree. With an internship and ophthalmology residency – his skills led him to the post of Chief Resident – under his belt, Dr. Magruder returned to his hometown to begin practicing ophthalmology with his father, Dr. G. Brock Magruder, Sr. Together the Orlando ophthalmologists formed the private practice of Magruder Eye Institute. Doc Brock is now the primary physician at Magruder Laser Vision.
Doc Brock is not one to watch technology develop. Instead, his intrigue with all the latest trends leads him to take on new projects to bring his patients the most cutting-edge procedures.
- 1996: Doc Brock opens the first refractive surgery center in Central Florida.
- 1999: His clinic is the first in the United States to own and operate the Autonomous Technologies Tracking Laser.
- 2001: Doc Brock is an FDA clinical investigator for Custom Cornea treatments.
- 2005: Doc Brock brings the Wavelight Allegretto excimer laser to Central Florida.
- 2005: The Verisyse implantable lens makes its debut at Doc Brock’s clinic.
- 2006: The first Staar Visian implantable contact lens is offered in Orlando by Doc Brock.
- 2011: Doc Brock becomes the first Intralase iFS LASIK eye surgeon in Central Florida.
- 2012: The first LensAR cataract laser finds its home in Doc Brock’s clinic.
With all these breakthroughs, it seems Doc Brock’s life is full. However, he manages to take time from his schedule of visiting each of his patients individually when they enter his clinic to travel with staff to the Dominican Republic where he initiated an eye mission program, which provides free exams, surgeries, and glasses to the needy. Belize, Haiti, and Jamaica have also benefited from Doc Brock’s generous gifts of time and talent as he visits these areas providing free care. In Jamaica, Doc Brock leads the Cataract Mission project.
Before you make your final decision about eye care, contact Magruder Laser Vision at 407-843-5665 to set up a free consultation to determine for which vision treatments you are a good candidate. You know you are in capable, caring hands when you depend on the Orlando ophthalmologist Doc Brock. Read more about Doc Brock and the technology he has brought to Magruder Laser Vision by reading our blogs.